As people reflect at the end of the year and prepare for the next, the new year signifies a fresh start for many things, including insurance policies. However, when people do not use their insurance benefits or HSA, they often lose them.
One way that insurance-holders can get the biggest bang for their buck is to invest in their smile. Orthosnap manufactures affordable and effective clear aligners for patients so that our partners can reap the rewards of perfect alignment paired with appealing profit margins. If your patients need further convincing to start straightening their smiles, here are three research-backed reasons to initiate orthodontic treatment.
1. Prevent Gum Disease
Compared to fixed oral appliances, patients who choose clear aligners typically have better periodontal health and greater satisfaction with orthodontic treatment. Patients with clear aligners have more access to their teeth, interdental spaces, and gums because of the removability factor. In contrast, traditional braces pose a unique oral hygiene challenge, which can lead to periodontal disease. Metal braces trap food, plaque, and tartar under the brackets.
2. Breathe Better
Breathing is something people often take for granted. However, breathing well should be a human right and not a luxury. When the jaw and face are deformed, breathing can be difficult because the jaw is the entry point to the airway. A misaligned jaw reduces the airway size and can lead to impaired breathing habits, such as mouth breathing and sleep apnea.
In children, a sad consequence of years of incorrect breathing patterns and techniques can lead to long face syndrome and is the second most common cause for seeking and receiving orthodontic treatment. If left untreated, patients experience lifelong respiratory problems and an increased chance of serious complications, such as stroke, heart attack, and heart failure. Thankfully, orthodontic treatment has helped many people breathe better.
3. Gain Success
It’s true that people only get one chance to make a first impression, and studies suggest that straight smiles make a strong impression in professional and social environments. For many, a smile is the first thing that you notice and remember about someone. People perceive strangers with straight smiles as more successful in work and love:
- When compared to people with crooked teeth, people perceive those with straight teeth to be 45% more likely to land a job when competing with someone with comparable skills and experience.
- Based on their picture alone, people with straight teeth are 57% more likely to get a date than those with crooked teeth.
- Would you rather go on a date with someone with crooked teeth or that lives with his or her parents? Shockingly, 38% of Americans would skip a second date with someone with misaligned teeth, and only 23% of Americans would avoid someone that lives with at home.
Become an Orthosnap Partner Today
Orthosnap provides everything patients and doctors need for a seamless experience for both parties. Our services include:
- Comprehensive consultations with our representatives
- 24/7 customer service
- Training and product updates
- Online portal for case tracking
- Customed plans with objectives set by the practice
- Marketing support
- Custom packaging
- Educational materials for doctors and patients
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to expand your dental practice. Contact our team today at (516) 506-7606 to learn more.